Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya2023.3 lagging issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
srikanth.sFRNXR
248 Views, 4 Replies

Maya2023.3 lagging issue

HI Team,

I recently began using Maya2023.3. Files that functioned in Maya2020 are too slow in Maya2023.3.

Files are lagging too much in Maya2023.3. Any fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Srikanth.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
damaggio
in reply to: srikanth.sFRNXR

Can you give more details, there’s  no lag here whatsoever even with large environments. Have you disabled a lot of the unused plugins?

Message 3 of 5

Hi Rock,

Thank you for your suggestion.

For Maya2023.3, 51 plugins were loaded by default.

Maya is now working a tiny bit better, however it's still slow after I unloaded unnecessary plugins.

I'm curious what information you would need to detect the problem.

Would you kindly let me know whether there is a specific procedure to identify the problem?

Message 4 of 5
brentmc
in reply to: srikanth.sFRNXR

Hi,

You didn't say what platform you are on but Windows has something called a fault tolertant heap which can become enabled for specific applications and slow them down considerably. It is not specific to Maya and can be applied to any application that crashes on Windows.

See this other posts for information on how to disable the fault tolerant heap (if you are on Windows) to see if that solves your issue.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-forum/2023-2024-versions-of-maya-now-loading-extremally-slowly/m...

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 5 of 5

Hi Brentmc,

yes, we are on windows platform.

Disabling the fault-tolerant heap didn't help either.

The machine configuration that we are using is listed below.

srikanthsFRNXR_0-1691035161532.png

Does maya has any option to identify the exact issue?

Thanks,

Srikanth Sreeram.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report