Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 'Toon' Shader with gradient

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kristionmajor
1216 Views, 4 Replies

Maya 'Toon' Shader with gradient

I am trying to create a shaded brightness 2 tone toon shader that has a gradient as the main colors so that the mesh is a gradient but has shading like a toon shader, I have tried using ramp shaders but they do not achieve the same cel shading effect that I am looking for. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get a gradient on a mesh but also have cel shading?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Message 3 of 5

I tried that and I think the script is too old, is there any other suggestions you have that I could try?

Message 4 of 5

Hi @kristionmajor

Hmm ok.

In that case I think a ramp texture is your best bet. You said it wasn't getting the cell shaded look you were going for but how did it have the desired gradient effect? That might be the only way to do it at least with native Maya tools.

Message 5 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @kristionmajor

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums