Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya started being super slow and unusable when moving/rotating objects (even on new projects)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
846 Views, 1 Reply

Maya started being super slow and unusable when moving/rotating objects (even on new projects)

For some reason my Maya started being extremely slow to a point where it's unusable. This problem appeared when I imported a big room model, but then I tried creating a new scene without anything except one character and the lag is still there.

It ran super fine yesterday, so I don't know what's causing this.

Thanks

Video: https://streamable.com/nyvt06

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dariush
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! So it depends ultimately on how big the project file is/was and how capable your computer is in terms of memory (RAM) and CPU to some extent. Couple things that can help. When it happens and your PC is slow even after opening a new project, you may have some stuff stuck in memory, so sometimes it's best to either restart Maya or even reboot to really purge the memory.

If you're low on RAM (like if you're a 8Gb or even 16Gb computer, it can easily run out of memory depending on how much cached playback you're using. Turning it down or even off will protect more of your memory and prevent cachjed playback from taking any or too much of it. You may notice at least a slight improvement there, though obviously your playback will be choppier than if you had cached playback turned on. I hope either of these may help.

Here's more on cached playback and how to turn it on/off:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2022/ENU/Maya-Ani....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report