Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Shutdown randomly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1938 Views, 4 Replies

Maya Shutdown randomly

Hi,
I have been Autodesk maya user for more than 5 years now, i never had this problem.
It started yesterday, maya is shutting down randomly without giving me any kind of error message.
first i had black screen of death with mouse cursor moving, which occurs randomly when ever i use maya.
after updating my graphic card driver now just maya is shutting down randomly, nothing happens to my windows.
i can hardly use maya for half hour, it shutdown at any time, it doesn't matter if i use maya empty or open any project.
i am kind of confused is it maya, windows or any hardware issue? 😞
Please help me, i am asking on autodesk forms because i have other 3d softwares installed as well on my PC they are not causing any problem but only maya 😞 which is my key software.
Thanks.

My system config

-------------------
Asus Rog GL553VE
Ms Windows 10 x64
16 GB physical memory
Core i7-7700HQ
Geforce GTX 1050 Ti
Autodesk Maya 2015 SP6 x64

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mikhailkonstantin3d
in reply to: Anonymous

hmmm .. why don't you make a scan for your PC 🙂 maybe it's a virus and started with maya then it will start infect every thing ? .. i don't know .. try it .. and if not .. do as i do !!! uninstall then reinstall 🙂 .. and don't forget to uninstall it with advanced system care software .. it removing it totally 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mikhailkonstantin3d

thanks for the help man! 🙂
yes i scanned my PC with antivirus program, i have cleaned alot of viruses but still my problem is not gone.
i also uninstalled maya and reinstall it again, still its not working because i think its not maya which is causing this problem.
I have substance painter and zbrush as well.
substance painter is also closing randomly without giving me any error message whereas zbrush is working perfectly.
so maybe i have to go to microsoft forums, because its clear now that maya and autodesk has nothing to do with this.
i also updated my graphics card drivers but its no use 😞
thanks again man
regards.

Message 4 of 5
mikhailkonstantin3d
in reply to: Anonymous

ahaaaaaa so that's it ! and you said after you made update you got this problem ? okay i got it .. take your computer for someone to fix it 🙂   99.99% you video card has been damage .. that's what i think 🙂 

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mikhailkonstantin3d

I checked my graphic card by running PS4 quality games on it. I also did Heaven Benchmark graphic card test several times.
Its running smooth not hanging nor closing those applications.
feels like no problem coming from graphics card but maybe you are right!
it maybe graphics card issue.
thanks again man 🙂
regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report