Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya LT 2017 - Editing exact xyz coordinates of a vert

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
908 Views, 6 Replies

Maya LT 2017 - Editing exact xyz coordinates of a vert

Simply cannot remember the Google search terms I used a month ago that helped, so here I am. I'm trying to see and manually edit a vert's xyz coordinates.

The frustrating part is that this seems absolutely basic, but I've spent all morning searching Google, trying every option in Maya LT 2017, but just can't locate it again. Could anyone help, please?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you mean the function to type in the coordinates?

This is possible in one of the windows on the right side. Maybe they are hided, but there should be three windows named 'attribute editor' 'modeling toolkit' and 'channel editor' (not sure about the lasts name).

The function you're searching for should be located in 'channel editor' I think. If its not there, its in 'attribute editor'.

Hope I was able to help. If this isn't what you were searching for please describe more precisely what you meant.

- Kate

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, but while waiting for a response I found the solution: select a vert, double-click the Move tool and a dialog shows up with its coords. Hope this helps someone else in the future!

Edit: That dialog did nothing. Spoke too soon. Still searching...

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Congratulations, you found the shortcut! ^^

Have fun with modeling!

- Kate

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Spoke too soon 😞 The "Tool Settings" dialog that pops up does nothing. Still searching...

EDIT:

Just noticed that when moving a vert, its coords are displayed at the bottom left of the screen just below the MEL script line, but there's no way to manually enter the xyz values I need.

Message 6 of 7
mspeer
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report