Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Freezes when opening software

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
471 Views, 5 Replies

Maya Freezes when opening software

Hello,

Maya is freezing when opening. I have an i5 16' Mobile Studio Pro by Wacom. I upgraded my nvidia Quadro m600mdriver to the 411.95. And I checked the requirements for Maya2019. I also allowed the app in the firewall. I also have the Windows 10, version 1809. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Maya.

Hopefully this issue can be resolved, thank you for your time.

Christopher

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sefe
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi 

I would delete the Maya preferences in the documents folder and relaunch Maya. 

If that doesn't work, check to see if you have the latest Open Gl and DirectX updates. 

If all fails then set some of the settings in your preferences window to legacy; such as render setup.

Hope this helps

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sefe

Thanks for your response. I uninstalled maya 2019 and reinstalled the 2018.5 version to see if it would work and the same problem continues. However, when I uninstall my nvidia driver the program opens without freezing. I couldn't install OpenGL with my version of windows. How do I change my preferences window to legacy?

Message 4 of 6
sefe

legacyRenderSetup.JPG

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your response. I uninstalled maya 2019 and reinstalled the 2018.5 version to see if it would work and the same problem continues. However, when I uninstall my nvidia driver the program opens without freezing. I couldn't install OpenGL with my version of windows. How do I change my preferences window to legacy?

Try these
OpenGl.JPG

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sefe

thank you!! this helped.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Was having same type of issue, following the steps mentioned above helped me. 
Big Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report