Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Failed to finalize the color transform

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
wrender54W9L
519 Views, 1 Reply

Maya Failed to finalize the color transform

Color management settings cannot be applied: Failed to finalize the color transform..
If you are using remote PC software, such as Team Viewer, RealVNC, or Remote Desktop, these application's display setting drivers are not compatible with Maya extensions.
If you are not using remote applications, change the Viewport Render Engine to DirectX in the Preferences window.
See this article for more detail.

// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2024/scripts/startup/resetModelEditor.mel line 46: The renderer ('vp2Renderer') is not a registered renderer. Renderer will not be set.
// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2024/scripts/startup/resetModelEditor.mel line 46: The renderer ('vp2Renderer') is not a registered renderer. Renderer will not be set.
// Error: Color management settings cannot be applied: Failed to finalize the color transform..
// If you are using remote PC software, such as Team Viewer, RealVNC, or Remote Desktop,
// these application's display setting drivers are not compatible with Maya extensions.
// If you are not using remote applications, change the Viewport Render Engine to DirectX in the Preferences window.
// See this article for more detail.
// https://www.autodesk.com/maya-color-management-settings-error
// Viewport 2.0 floating point render target is turned off.
// Error: Failed to finalize the color transform.
// Result: untitled

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wrender54W9L
in reply to: wrender54W9L

Maya was working fine and then one day it started giving that error. 

I searched the internet and followed all tips but no real solution mentioned worked.

Eventually I figured out that my HDMI was plugged into my motherboard port.... It needed to be plugged into my gpu's HDMI port.

Would be great to add this to the trouble shooting docs or errors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report