Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Crashes after Upgrade to 2019.2 update

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ecsgraphics
528 Views, 6 Replies

Maya Crashes after Upgrade to 2019.2 update

Maya 2019 xgen utility tab was empty. Was working without it but it was slowing the workflow. Downloaded the update and got the xgen utility tab back working. Saved the  file(.ma) now 2019.2 but now maya 2019.2 crashes on startup. Uninstalled went back to 2019 but now I cant open the file without 2019 crashing. Somebod, anybody Help!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @ecsgraphics 

Thanks for posting! Does importing the scene into Maya still crash it? If so, would you be able to share your scene file thats causing the crashing? I would be happy to check it out and see if I can replicate the crash.

Also, when you are seeing those crashes, are you able to submit a crash report? The crash report form should pop up automatically after the crash. If you submitted it under a certain email address, I can look up the report for you to see if there is an associated defect (PM me your email address if applicable).

Since you have had multiple installs, I would also recommend resetting your maya preferences to default.

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi @ecsgraphics 

Thanks for sharing your file - I love this model! its awesome 🙂 

When I opened it in Maya 2020.1 (latest and greatest version to date), i was able to avoid the crash! You are able to have multiple versions of Maya installed on your computer at the same time; would you mind installing 2020 and testing on your machine to see if theres still a crash?

If there is not a crash, I would recommend checking the xgen "Import Collections and Descriptions" button to ensure that it is mapping to the correct folder (and remember to always set your project folder beforehand).

Thanks again for being a part of our community!

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 5 of 7
mspeer
in reply to: ecsgraphics

Hi!

The file is corrupted.

Recovered scene attached.

Message 6 of 7

Thanks much appreciated will  download 2020

Message 7 of 7
ecsgraphics
in reply to: mspeer

Thanks 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report