Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2022 type tool italic text not working

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
665 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2022 type tool italic text not working

I have a problem.

I tried to change my text to italic, but it won't change.

Is there any solution?

Maya_Text_wont_change.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
patrick.schock
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

thanks for your post. I could reproduce the behavior. However, when playing around with the settings on the right side, default is "any", the Italic function is possible at some fonts:

patrickschock_0-1635850742867.png

Maya Italic.gif

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Patrick

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 3 of 3
hamsterHamster
in reply to: Anonymous

The Any is just filter for the contents of the typeface, where the user can access those fonts that contain specific set of glyphs, like Devanagiri. The results from switching between those are random at best, usually just nothing (at least here).

What @Anonymous can do is to apply FauxItalic to the font that doesn't have it. The slant of the italics varies from 4° to 14°, Arial Bold Italic is around 12°, in Photoshop FauxItalic slants the characters to 10°.

And then, it is about

EITHER exporting faux'ed curves from Adobe and importing to Maya, then Modeling > Surfaces > BevelPlus;

OR setting the typeMesh.ShearX attribute to some positive value: All what's left, is to measure the chosen angle to determine most appropriate Shear value, which can be done by simply putting some reference geo (e.g. pCube) at that angle.

hamsterHamster_1-1635854004788.png

Arial Black slanted at 10°

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report