Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2022 Startup Bug

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
eoghangarvey
4254 Views, 16 Replies

Maya 2022 Startup Bug

I've installed Maya 2022 but it fails to start up. I get an error prompt saying :

"Color Management Initialization failed: "Error could not read 'C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2020/resources/OCIO-configs/Maya2022-default/config.ocio' OCIO profile." from the preference file "<MAYA_RESOURCES>/OCIO-configs/Maya2022-default/config.ocio".

It seems to be trying to read from a directory that doesnt exist in the Maya 2020 installation for some reason instead of Maya 2022. 

Any help appreciated!

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
albin.nocode
in reply to: eoghangarvey

I had the same error this morning, but I remembered that I had setup the MAYA_LOCATION environment variable to point directly to my maya 2020 installation, and when I deleted that it worked as expected. Could be something to look at.

Message 3 of 17
eoghangarvey

Fixed! Thank you 🙂

Message 4 of 17

I had the same issue, did anyone find the solution.

Thanks

Message 5 of 17

@invensyspictures , did you try checking your environment variables?

Message 6 of 17
veersri734

Try to download it again 

Message 7 of 17
wynandlens
in reply to: veersri734

NO! DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN. This is a pointless "Help" comment. Check your Environment Variables, Especially MAYA_LOCATION.

Message 8 of 17
software

For me it was the OCIO environment variable. After deleting that one it worked again.

Message 9 of 17

Hello. please help me how to solve the problem?
Need detailed instructions. Thank you.

"Color Management Initialization failed: "Error could not read 'C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2020/resources/OCIO-configs/Maya2022-default/config.ocio' OCIO profile." from the preference file "<MAYA_RESOURCES>/OCIO-configs/Maya2022-default/config.ocio"

Message 10 of 17

Hello. please help me how to solve the problem?
Need detailed instructions. Thank you.

Message 11 of 17

Hi,

If you look at the error message you can see that color management is looking under the Maya 2020 install path for a Maya 2022 file.

Error could not read 'C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2020/resources/OCIO-configs/Maya2022-default/config.ocio'

The solution is already provided here.

Check you system environment variables and remove any that contain "Maya2020". (probably MAYA_LOCATION or one another one related to OCIO)

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 12 of 17

olegmironov1987HYYDS_0-1700493398018.png

olegmironov1987HYYDS_0-1700493106239.png

olegmironov1987HYYDS_0-1700494976104.png

Should I do something with these folders?

Message 13 of 17

No, you should check your system environment variables or Maya.env file for something that is referring to Maya2020 because (from your previous error message) you have something set which is causing Maya to lookup files in the wrong place.
Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 14 of 17

I'm sorry, I don't understand how to do this?
Do you have a photo or video example?

Message 15 of 17

First I would check whether you have a Maya.env file and what things are in it. (as described in the help link below)
https://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-8EFB1AC1-ED7D-4099-9EEE-624097872C04

Next, check your system environment variables.
screenshot_000271.pngscreenshot_000272.png

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 16 of 17
mvotagT
in reply to: brentmc

Is it possible that there are no Maya-related variables in the system variables?

Message 17 of 17
mvotagT
in reply to: software

Is it possible that there are no Maya-related variables in the system variables?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report