Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2018 won't open files

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
4063 Views, 12 Replies

Maya 2018 won't open files

hi

i've tried everything that i can think of but maya refuses to open my file on my new pc but on my old laptop its fine there's no error message or anything it just seemingly freezes up and can't be interacted with.Captureb.PNG

it just stays like this.

Capture4.PNG

Tags (4)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

Does your Maya work fine when opening and creating new scenes?

What version of Maya are you running and is it up to date?

Also, what GPU are you running and are the drivers up to date?

Steps to update your drivers can be found here!

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

it does work on its own but when i try to open maya files from another computer it just stops, and i'm using 2018 maya the latest one and my OS is windows 10.

Message 4 of 13
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

When you get a chance, can you please zip and attach the scene file here or via dropbox/google drive or another file sharing program so I can take a look at it?

Also, have you had a chance to check your GPU drivers to make sure they are up to date?

Steps to update your drivers can be found here!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

heres the file

Message 6 of 13
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for attaching the file!

It took a little while to load but I was able to open the file on my machine:

sceme.png

I also went ahead and combined everything and deleted the history so it should be cleaned up a bit. Please download the file and see if it can open on your machine!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

it worked!, thank you so much 🙂

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Hi Sean,

I saw this post and was wondering if you could try opening my files as well? I have tried opening them on multiple computers to delete the history myself but have not been able to successfully. I used to be able to open them on the same computer just fine. Any help is much appreciated. I understand they are big files. I will send you the attachments if you are willing to help.

Message 9 of 13
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Sure thing!

When you get a chance, can you please zip and attach the scene file here or via dropbox/google drive or another file sharing program so I can take a look at it? If the file is confidential or under NDA please send it to me in a private message instead of posting it here.

Message 10 of 13
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

i can't open mine either, can you help?

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

maya not opening certain files..please help

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

Hello, i've tried everything that i can think of but maya refuses to open my file on my new pc but on my old laptop its fine there's no error message or anything it just seemingly freezes up and close

i created the project with maya 2014 Mac OS but now I can’t open it on maya 2018, but other created project open perfectly 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report