Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2018/ Mac Mojave

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Bicker424
402 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2018/ Mac Mojave

I need expert advice on this one; lately, after updating my Mac desktop to Mojave 10.14.5, whenever I'm using Maya 2019, not only does it freeze, but it causes the entire computer to do so, and any music I was listening to sounds like a broken record, necessitating a force shut down. Normally I would consider this to be a concern I should bring to Apple's attention, but after running both safe mode and performing a diagnostic on the computer to find it has no issues, I am convinced this relates to Maya.

I've searched previous postings about similar issues and it seems to suggest that Maya 2018 is compatible with the latest Mojave, yet 2019, for some reason, is not. I've been testing this theory by using Maya 2018 and so far it has caused no ill effects.

Is it true that Maya 2018 is compatible for the latest Mojave while the latest Maya is not?

Though I am aware that I may need to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of my current versions of Maya, postings on that matter suggest that will not solve the problem. On that note, I happened upon some "adSSO" files inside my hidden library's Preferences folder, leaving me wondering if those may have anything to do with this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Parmenides
in reply to: Bicker424

Message 3 of 4
Bicker424
in reply to: Parmenides

Then what can be causing Maya 2019 to freeze my entire computer?

Message 4 of 4
Bicker424
in reply to: Parmenides

I've completely erased all Autodesk content from my computer (Except for the individual files for projects, of course) and reinstalled Maya. If this problem persists, what will be the next solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report