Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2018 Fatal Error. Attempting to save in C:/...

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
JustAnotherAmateur
6676 Views, 9 Replies

Maya 2018 Fatal Error. Attempting to save in C:/...

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and relatively new to Maya, so I apologize in advance, if this is the wrong place to ask this 😉

Here's my problem: I had to switch out both my CPU and my motherboard because of a defect in the process reinstalled everything. Now, whenever I start Maya 2018 or 2017 I get this error:

Unbenannt.PNGI already tried updating my graphics card driver to the newest version and rolling it back to the recommended version by autodesk. I allowed it access through the firewall manually and I did a clean reinstall. I also tried running it in compatibility mode with both Windows 7 and Vista/XP. If I was able to get into the interface, I would also try to change the saving format to mb, but that is not an option, as Maya crashes on startup.

The Output Window prints:

Initialized VP2.0 renderer {
  Version : 2016.11.38.12. Feature Level 5.
  Adapter : GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
  Vendor ID: 4318. Device ID : 6918
  Driver : .
  API : OpenGL V.4.6.
  Max texture size : 16384 * 16384.
  Max tex coords : 32
  Shader versions supported (Vertex: 5, Geometry: 5, Pixel 5).
  Shader compiler profile : (Best card profile)
  Active stereo support available : 0
  GPU Memory Limit : 11264 MB.
  CPU Memory Limit: 15493.4 MB.
}
OpenCL evaluator is attempting to initialize OpenCL.
Stack trace:
  igdrclneo64.dll!clGetKernelSubGroupInfoKHR
  igdrclneo64.dll!clGetPlatformIDs
  igdrclneo64.dll!clEnqueueTask
  IntelOpenCL64.dll!clEnqueueWriteBufferRect
  IntelOpenCL64.dll!clEnqueueWriteBufferRect
  OpenCL.dll!clGetHostTimer
  ntdll.dll!RtlRunOnceExecuteOnce
  KERNELBASE.dll!InitOnceExecuteOnce
  OpenCL.dll!clGetExtensionFunctionAddress
  clew.dll!clew_cl_d3d11Init
  clew.dll!clewInit
  OpenCLUtilities.dll!TopenCLInfo::TopenCLInfo
  OpenCLUtilities.dll!TopenCLInfo::initialize
  OGSMayaBridge.dll!OGSMayaBridge::CreateOGSRenderer
  OGSMayaBridge.dll!OGSMayaBaseRenderer::initialize
  OGSMayaBridge.dll!OGSGeometryEvaluationOverride::~OGSGeometryEvaluationOverride
  OGSMayaBridge.dll!OGSMayaBridge::Create3DViewportRenderer
  maya.exe!TiteratorWrapperBidir<TscenePartitions::ConstIteratorDescriptor,TiteratorWrapper<TscenePartitions::ConstIteratorDescriptor> >::operator=
  ExtensionLayer.dll!Tapplication::start
  maya.exe!TiteratorWrapperBidir<TscenePartitions::ConstIteratorDescriptor,TiteratorWrapper<TscenePartitions::ConstIteratorDescriptor> >::operator=
  KERNEL32.DLL!BaseThreadInitThunk
  ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart
System Specs:
- NVIDIA GeForce 1080Ti
- Intel i7 7700K
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO (z270)
- Windows 10 64bit Pro
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mspeer
in reply to: JustAnotherAmateur

Hi!

Try this:

- Disable the onboard/embedded GPU
- Update the driver for the onboard/embedded GPU.
- Disable OpenCL for Maya
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-forum/fatal-error-on-startup-maya-2018-student-version/td-p/7866...

Message 3 of 10
JustAnotherAmateur
in reply to: mspeer

Thank you for the fast response. Disabling OpenCl did the trick for me. Maya opened. 
My only question is: Will disabling OpenCl have any impact on my work in Maya?

Message 4 of 10
mspeer
in reply to: JustAnotherAmateur

Hi!

No, not with default Maya installation/usage.

Message 5 of 10
JustAnotherAmateur

Ok. Thank you again ^^

Message 6 of 10
5860EFKR6

Hi,

I have the same problem and I did disable the OpenCl by pasting the code into the Maya.env file but Maya still fails to launch...I also tried updating my GPU (GTX 1060)and it didn't fix the problem at all...

Message 7 of 10
jchris.long
in reply to: 5860EFKR6

If the stack trace error you get is something like this:

Stack trace:

Then let my hours of frustration spent help you fix this.   That said:

DISCLAIMER:  Do this at your own risk:

The problem is that Maya is finding and trying to use the Intel onboard graphics driver when it's initializing OpenCL even if you have the onboard graphics turned off.

1.  Make sure the Intel graphics are actually disabled in BIOS.

2.  Boot into Windows and open the Device Manager.

3.  In the Device Manager Menu, select View->Show Hidden Devices.

4.  Now expand the Display Adapters arrow and you should see a transparent Intel Graphics driver listed.  If you do not see it, then continue to step 6.

5.  Right click on it and select Uninstall Device.

6.  Open an Admin Command Prompt by searching for 'cmd', then right click on it and Run As Adminstrator.   

7.  In the command prompt, enter 'cd c:\windows\system32\driverstore\FileRepository'  

8. Then enter 'md c:\temp' to create a temp directory

9. Next enter 'pnputil.exe /e > c:\temp\drivers.txt'

10.  Open Notepad (or ++) and open the new drivers.txt we created in the temp folder.

11.  Note the "Published name" for entries where the "Driver package provider" is Intel AND the class is "Display adapters".  There will probably be only one or two, listed as something like oemX.inf, where X is a number.  DO NOT MISTAKENLY RECORD ENTRIES FOR INTEL OTHER THAN THE DISPLAY ADAPTER.

12.  Return the command prompt, and enter 'pnputil.exe /d oemX.inf' where X is the number you recorded.  

That will delete the Intel Display Adapter, even if it's hidden, and will allow Maya to open and work.   Then you can go back and remove all that Environment Variable rubbish they had you enter that never did anything.

I hope this helps and saves someone some time.

Message 8 of 10

Thank you chris.longi, 

After spending hours trying to open Maya 2016 with the Fatal Error, Uninstalling the Intel HD Graphics Driver (hidden) solved the issue! Finally work can continue

Monika

@jchris.long wrote:

Stack trace:

The problem is that Maya is finding and trying to use the Intel onboard graphics driver when it's initializing OpenCL even if you have the onboard graphics turned off.

4.  Now expand the Display Adapters arrow and you should see a transparent Intel Graphics driver listed.  If you do not see it, then continue to step 6.

6.  Open an Admin Command Prompt by searching for 'cmd', then right click on it and Run As Adminstrator.   

7.  In the command prompt, enter 'cd c:\windows\system32\driverstore\FileRepository'  

10.  Open Notepad (or ++) and open the new drivers.txt we created in the temp folder.

11.  Note the "Published name" for entries where the "Driver package provider" is Intel AND the class is "Display adapters".  There will probably be only one or two, listed as something like oemX.inf, where X is a number.  DO NOT MISTAKENLY RECORD ENTRIES FOR INTEL OTHER THAN THE DISPLAY ADAPTER.

12.  Return the command prompt, and enter 'pnputil.exe /d oemX.inf' where X is the number you recorded.  

That will delete the Intel Display Adapter, even if it's hidden, and will allow Maya to open and work.   Then you can go back and remove all that Environment Variable rubbish they had you enter that never did anything.

@jchris.long wrote:

Stack trace:

Message 9 of 10

Thank you for verifying it worked as a solution.  Were you able to stop at step 5 without having to remove it from the devicestore?  That would obviously be ideal, but since I didn't check after just uninstalling the hidden driver I didn't know and included the additional steps.  

Message 10 of 10

Hola, esta solucion me sirvió,

El caso mio es que tengo un pc con una tarjeta de video AGP adicional al que trael el pc, (NVIDIA Quadro P2000)

y al seguir los pasos de la recomendacion, me apareció el driver de intel oculto, por lo que creo que el maya no iniciaba por ese conflicto. Asi que solo seguí los pasos hasta el 10 y ya!!!!

Muchas gracias, ya llevaba muchos días intentando otras soluciones pero esta fue!!! 

replica:

3.  In the Device Manager Menu, select View->Show Hidden Devices.

4.  Now expand the Display Adapters arrow and you should see a transparent Intel Graphics driver listed.  If you do not see it, then continue to step 6.

10.  Open Notepad (or ++) and open the new drivers.txt we created in the temp folder.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report