Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017 Plug-in Manager window does not open

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
francisca.cattan
1981 Views, 4 Replies

Maya 2017 Plug-in Manager window does not open

Hi everyone. 

I hope you can help me with this. The window for the Plug-in Manager does not open under the usual pathway: Windows / Settings/Preferences / Plug-in Manager. It does nothing. 

At first, I thought it was hidden somewhere in my Workspace, so I reset it to factory default. I even uninstalled the software and the problem persisted. Can't get around the problem and I used the manager a lot since I'm working with pyhton scripts.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @francisca.cattan and welcome to the community!

Even though you performed an uninstall/reinstall that may have no touched your settings so you'll want to try deleting your settings/preferences.

If that doesn't work, you may want to check your GPU drivers and make sure they're up to date.

Steps to update your drivers can be found here!

Please let me know if that helps or if you're still having this issue.

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @francisca.cattan

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided on Friday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 5

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your reply. I did as you specified, but I think this was a visualization problem. It seems that when having two screens sometimes the standalone windows get trapped in the middle or behind. 

At some point, it just appeared in front of me. Thank you very much nevertheless.

Message 5 of 5

+1, Thanks.
I was using Maya over remote desktop, and when I switched to laptop (2 screens -> 1 screen), the plugin manager window had vanished into the void. Switching back to multi screen did the trick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums