Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2016 Crashes During Saves or Exports

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3334 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2016 Crashes During Saves or Exports

So I have 2016 on my desktop where I was authoring a prop and then I moved it over to my companion 2 tablet to keep working.  Was able to get alot done on it, saved fine.  But now when I try to export the file to an FBX or OBJ or even an MA file it just crashes.  I can save the working file as is but just hitting save, but the save as command makes maya crash as well as attempting to export.

I even made a blank scene and made a quick sphere and tried to just save that and it also crashed.

Waiting to get home to see if I have the same issues but I can't get it to do much else on my tablet.

😞

Have a feeling I may be going back to 2015, 16 has been so buggy.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

after deleting the Maya folder in MyDocuments - and restarting maya, the problem is gone.... have no idea why.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Had the exact same problem, deleting maya folder in My Documents fixed it also, just like your's.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi,

I don't believe I am having the same problem exactly as you describe; because my Maya is crashing only on certain conditions which is as follows:

Using Maya 2016 and can't figure out if this is a bug or am I doing something wrong. Would appreciate if you can try this as well; which I have replicated on two different machines.

Draw polygon sphere and size it up to default grid width. Set division to 1000 by 1000 creating 1 million faces.

Select faces on one half of the sphere and do a face separate. Hit Q to quit from the polychip wizard.

Try to increment save or export and Maya hangs.

I have been going crazy thinking it was something with my model until I tried this.

Do you get the same results and can you offer any ideas as a work around? Exporting does the same thing.

Regards,

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report