Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2016.5 instance and unwrapping bugs

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
300 Views, 0 Replies

Maya 2016.5 instance and unwrapping bugs

This might be unrecognised as not many people utilise instances much, but it's driving me crazy. Apart from maya crashing a lot when optimising instanced meshes (haven't noticed that while working on hipoly idk why), the craziest thing is that in 90% of cases you cant simply select UVs of an instanced mesh. It take like 20 clicks with trying converting from various modes like faces or vertices until you finally select UVs. I'm begging you to fix this asap.

And btw legacy unfold (which is still far better than this new unfold3d with no options for axis constraint and etc) began to suck when unfolding ABSOLUTELY straight meshes. UVs of these straight meshes are like 80% of time unfold under some weird, not straight angle and it takes time to manually straighten them. Unwrapping felt perfect in maya 2014, and now it sucks like hell.

I love maya with all my heart but these things are crucial to my pipeline and i'd like to have them fixed. Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report