Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 to Maya 2014

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
27999 Views, 5 Replies

Maya 2015 to Maya 2014

Hello,

I am a student and have a problem, I am helping out another student with their senior film and they did not tell me not to use maya 2015 and use 2014. now I have an entire scene that I have to some how get into maya 2014 from maya 2015. I have tried using fbx. files and the file opens just the geometry for the animation is gone, yet the rig controlers are still there moving around so that really does not work. If there is a way to transfer files from maya 2015 to maya 2014 that you can think of all help is welcome at this point. In the mean time I will just start from scratch in maya 2014 and hope I can get the scene done in a day or so. 

Thank you,

M.T.O.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anifex09
in reply to: Anonymous

Try saving your scene as a MA or maya ascii formate.
In Maya 2014 goto Maya's Preferences - under Settings - Files/Projects - goto the Version Tab and check Ignore Version - try importing the file into a new scene .
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anifex09

Hello,

Thank you for your assistance, I would go ahead and try that but the issue is not getting the file out of maya2014 and opening it in maya2015 it is the other way around saving it in maya 2015 and opening it in Maya 2014. I have tryied exporting the fiel from Maya 2015 as a FBX file type and the file will open in maya 2014 but there is a referanced character that I have animated and that does not show up the rig is there but the geometry is now where to be found I tried restablishing the referance file but all that did was create a duplicat charicter in its original t-pose. I am at alose for what to do I do thank you for your advice.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anifex09

ok sorry I think I miss under stood that I am trying it now and will let you know if it works
Message 5 of 6
tgentry2

That is the correct process to get from one version to the next, especially if you desire to go backwards. You will get errors; because, earlier versions do not understand new tools and additions. As long as you have not used any of the new stuff in 2015, then 2014 will give you the error prompts but the models, animations, materials and lights should still be in the file.

Message 6 of 6
Calebos

Simple method: 1st save your scene in .ma format.

2nd open this scene in wordPad or any other text editor and at the beginning of file there is line "Requires Maya".

Simpply replace version 2015 with version 2014 and save it to NEW!!!!(just to be sure you did not any mistake) file. It would work well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report