Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2008 - modeling video

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
281 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2008 - modeling video

So i notice on the enhanced Bevel Tool the guide does not use the virtual slider... middle mouse button to increase or decrease the value of the bevel amount but uses the numerical input.
I am hazarding a guess that you still have not fixed the virtual slider input for this tool, so to make it properly interactive and not clamp out at 0 and 1.
If you like I could send you my script that steps around this so it can be finally fixed!?
Its small its simple but for crying out loud this has been like this since Maya 4 why do you not fix these things they make all the difference to us as users!
On that point the largest improvement you could have made to Maya2008 for the entertainment/game community would have been to port Max's spline based bezier lofting tools that are quick and efficient for medium to high resolution modeling for nex-gen games. I do not need the highly accurate and slow to use nurbs that maya provides that are not as capable as the alternative.

-disillusioned modelling artist
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I feel your pain I have to use Maya at work every day knowing I could do it better in Max and faster lol!

I'm curious if Autodesk through in any poly tools from Max side - it needs it badly
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

well why don't ya just post the script so we can use it and stop waiting on Autodesk to do it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report