Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max to maya and maya to max

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ssundruci
440 Views, 1 Reply

Max to maya and maya to max

Hi, ok lets talk about something that should be already embedded !

transfer model with texture from one to another i mean its 2023! 🙂

its about time for those softwares to work together!

yes i can transfer FBX from the "Connect to.." button, but not with Texture/MTL

, i understand that both of them are different Algorithm/architecture  but if there is 3d plugin that can transfer models from max to maya with textures why not doing this from the main company? and more stable

some people will be happy to use both of them as workflow, this could be a plugin, an update/Feature or in the next software standalone, please hear us out!

its like maya not so relevant  and not getting the best features like max  ,yes i can just move to max but i want to use maya in my pipe line and max can help.

** i really don't know if this will be ever the future or not but I'm still hoping for that day to come!**

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hagen.deloss
in reply to: ssundruci

Hi @ssundruci ,

Yes! I completely agree 😄 while this isn't the exact 1-1 solution to your request/idea, I believe that's the long-term plan for USD and MaterialX/LookdevX. 

Thanks for posting, and i would encourage you to post any other product ideas over here on the Ideas Forums, contrary to popular belief, the dev teams actually DO look at these 😄

Hope this helps!

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report