Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manipulation Lag/Delay

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
539 Views, 0 Replies

Manipulation Lag/Delay

Hi,

I've recently gotten back into Maya with the latest version 2020.3 and I've been having this weird lag or delay issue when using the manipulator for anything. It happens with translate, rotate and scale, with the whole object or certain faces, vertices etc... even when editing UV's in the UV editor.

Originally the issue was far worse but I managed to improve it by changing the viewport 2.0 renderer to DX11. It does seem to be a performance issue, the heavier or more detailed the object the worse it gets. However in previous versions of Maya on this computer and on weaker machines I never had this problem, at least not until the scene was truly heavy.

The video demonstrating it is kind of heavy just to show what is happening clearly but it'll even happen if I have an empty scene with a sphere that's been subdivided a few times and try to move that around.

So I was hoping for some help on this, is it an issue with this version of Maya? (I haven't been able to try an older version yet). Is there anything I can do to fix it?

System specs:

I9-9980XE 18 core @ 3.00GHz

RTX 2080 Super 8gb

32gb ram

Windows 10

Maya is also installed on an SSD

Thank you

Labels (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report