Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make current transform values the new default

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Dejon
929 Views, 6 Replies

Make current transform values the new default

I have modified the transform values (location, rotation and scale) and I would like these values to be zeroed out. In other words, location and rotation values are zero and scale is set to one. I don't want to change the values themselves, just make the new transform values the baseline for this model. The only thing that I can find is how to revert back to the original zero values, which is not what I want. Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
brentmc
in reply to: Dejon

Hi,

Modify > Freeze Transformations can be used to bake the current transform values into your model and reset the transform back to identity.

--

Brent

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 3 of 7
Dejon
in reply to: brentmc

Thanks for the tip. When I try it, however, Maya gives me an error to the effect “Failed because pelvis has skin attached”. Should your tip work with skinned meshes?

Message 4 of 7
brentmc

No, freeze applies the transforms onto the geometry so it is not suitable for skinned meshes.

In rigging this would need to be done at the rigging stage. (by adding extra transforms into the rig to hold offsets etc.)

--

Brent

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 5 of 7
Dejon
in reply to: brentmc

So I’m guessing that this can’t be done with a skinned mesh?

Message 6 of 7
tdHendrix

If you're using Maya 2020 or above you can try to put the transform values in the Offset Parent Matrix and zero out the channel box values like this:

topm.jpg

Greg Hendrix - Senior Technical Animator
LinkedIn : Twitter
Message 7 of 7
Dejon
in reply to: tdHendrix

I'm using 2019 so that won't work. Thank you both for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report