Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Interface Problem - Maya 2018

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
635 Views, 1 Reply

Major Interface Problem - Maya 2018

I've been using the Student Version of Maya 2018 for the last few weeks. It has operated normally. 

As of a few days ago, something appears to be wrong with my interface. I'm attaching photos. Having not changed any of the settings (to my knowledge) Maya suddenly displays the toolbars exceedingly large (and cannot be altered, even when undocking them). The viewport itself only shows a small section to the left side, the rest of it is pitch black. If I drag along the viewport, it shows up fine until I move or rotate my view, or when I interact with the objects on my scene.

I first tried changing the resolution of apps on my computer itself. This seemed to "fix" the initial problem, though it's not ideal. Using the scaling option within Maya didn't work.

I still cannot see through the viewport.  I have tried changing the renderer, uninstalling, reinstalling, and restarting my computer. I haven't seen many issues that resemble mine so I'm hoping someone can help me here

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

There seems also to be some problems with the GPU drive, maybe it's updated/corrupted?

Try Workspace reset, if this doesn't help:

1. Check and update or downgrade graphic card driver, also make sure only to use one GPU

2. Try a reset of your preferences.
Rename the folder prefs in folder 2018 to something like prefs_backup, or to reset everything, the folder 2018 to 2018_backup (or even the maya folder to maya_backup). Maya creates new folders (don't copy preferences from previous Maya versions). Detailed at:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Reset-May...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report