Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Fbx Asset Missing UVs set in Maya 2022

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
George.Xyooj
356 Views, 2 Replies

Legacy Fbx Asset Missing UVs set in Maya 2022

Recently, upgraded to Maya 2022 and need to have my files working within that Maya version.  I have some old models in the fbx format.  Although they're very simple the shear number of them makes it a impossible task to try to manually fix them all.  

These models when I import them into Maya 2022 (even 2023) it opens up the mesh fine but it's missing its UV set.  The UV Editor shows nothing, no visible UV shell of any sort.  

The same files can be open in up to Maya 2020 without the missing UV issue.  It also can be opens in Blender just fine with visible UVs.  Even in the Unity Game Engine it imports in just fine with working UVs.  

Attached is a fbx example of the model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I feel like I'm missing a setting or something.      
I'm at a completely lost.

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

bump.
Message 3 of 3
damaggio
in reply to: George.Xyooj

box.jpgThe mesh has no UV coordinates, just do a new UV automatic mapping projection.

Many other programs could not display the UVs either on this mesh, Quixel, MeshLab, Maya 22 and 23 , 3DS max..Blender was able to show them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report