Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lambert1 is overriding materials

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
william.braddickUCSTB
655 Views, 2 Replies

Lambert1 is overriding materials

hey so im very new to maya but i am creating a project for a class assessment. im making an environment and i have given each object its own material, however some of the objects have both the material i assigned to it and also lambert 1 on it. As a result of this when i import my environment to substance painter whenever i try to put a material on an object in painter it covers a bunch of different objects that i dont want it to. when i look in painters texture list some of the objects i have given materials to dont appear and instead are replaced by lambert 1 so i cant texture some objects without also painting like 6 different things. I have read a bunch of forums and nothing has worked or its too advanced for me to understand. (use default material is not checked in maya)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Make sure you dont assign materials to faces. And delete the history before assigning the new material. Use only lambert shaders. 

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 3

Update: i figured out that by using OBJ files instead of fbx files to move my project to different softwares it pretty much fixed it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums