Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to import .PMX/.PMD files into Maya 2017?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
15312 Views, 3 Replies

Is it possible to import .PMX/.PMD files into Maya 2017?

Like I said into the title I would like to import some pmx or at least pmd models into maya but it writes "unrecognized file type" so I wanted to know if it was possible (and texturized would be better) by any way.

Thanks a lot if you can help me.

Well if you know a way to use the .ecl type I'm open to any sollutions as well ^^

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

the only way I've been able to get it to work is by getting Blender and using this https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google....

its pretty easy to use

but can be a pain when making models from scratch

install the plugin in Blender (tutorials all over the internet dont worry)

them Import your PMD/PMX file into Blender!

then you gotta...export the model that shows up...as a .FBX

MAKE SURE YOU REPOPEN THE FBX IN BLENDER FIRST and clean the rig a smidge as it creates alot of unnessasary bones

then go into maya's setting and allow it to import a FBX

import the FBX through the importer...drag drop will not work...

WAIT! FBX files are HUGE depending on the model..it will take a long time to load

once it loads you can resave it as a MB or MA so it can be opened in Maya super easy!

be warned that and .SPA texture files will not work...and all IK's will be broken...Physics will not transfer over so you have to manually move each part of a dress

and there are no default positions in the rig

its like animating fingers....for everything...have fun

Message 3 of 4
godpp23
in reply to: Anonymous

You can use mmd4maya which is maya plugin. it sometimes messes the texture but you can re-texture by simply assigning materials again

or if you want to import model with animation, use mmdbridge. i don't know much about it, but guess it converts model with animation to alembic file

Message 4 of 4
ncmeyerP3FD5
in reply to: godpp23

Hello, I was curious if it also keeps the physics properties? I'm newer to animation so I don't know much about Maya's capabilities when it comes to physics.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report