Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Tutorial: Animation problem

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jeff_knapp62
103 Views, 2 Replies

Interactive Tutorial: Animation problem

I'm going through the interactive tutorials using the 30-day trial version of Maya 2025

I keep getting stuck at step 86 of the animation tutorial, the step where it prompts me to try some of the other IK joints, moving and rotating them. I do so but, the prompt stays up, no matter how many of the joints I translate or rotate. If I click the "Nest" button, it advance sot the next step but, nothing else changes: no new prompts, no change in and of the meshes or camera. I can click through all the way to the end but, same result, the tutorial doesn't advance from that point. I tried it three additional times (having to start over from the beginning each time) but got the same result each time.

Anybody else run into this? If so, were you able to get past it? If so, how? If I am doing something wrong, what could that be? If not, has it been confirmed as broken?

Either I am missing something, doing something wrong, or that tutorial is broken. Anybody else run into this?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hagen.deloss
in reply to: jeff_knapp62

Hi @jeff_knapp62 ,

Thanks for bringing this issue to the forums! I just tested it, and see the same issue, I will connect with folks internally to get this logged for the team to look into, I'm guessing the issue is in the tutorial steps itself, not the rigging tools. Here's a screenshot of the section, just to confirm we are on the same tutorial and section.

*See notes on the below post

Warm regards, 

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 3
hagen.deloss
in reply to: jeff_knapp62

Okay update, it looks like on the step I mentioned above, if you don't select the Human IK Character controls menu first, it allows you to progress the steps, but the tutorial doesn't proceed, exactly like you described. This can also happen if you already have that same menu open, the tutorials progression states are pretty fragile! Let me know if that helps you move forward!

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report