Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Illustrator Files (slightly different than the normal issue)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
303 Views, 1 Reply

Importing Illustrator Files (slightly different than the normal issue)

Having trouble getting an AI file imported into a single project. Works fine in new project but not the one I've been working on for a few days now. 

I know I should change all text and shading to shapes, save as AI8, import though the Create menu in Maya. I think I understand the technicalities importing into Maya– especially since I'm able to import into new projects. 

When I import, I don't get an error message. What appears to be a single pixel, something that no matter how much you zoom into, you can't ever see is the only thing that "imports". That same file in a new project imports as expected. 

Anyone experience this before?

Caveat, I'm extremely new at this. I just downloaded the trial a few days ago so be gentle. 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Abdulla-Qaladzay
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

-I think the issue is not the illustrator file 

It is about the preferences that saved in the scene file, which I'm not sure which preferences in the scene make that happen.

-but we can get pass on this issue by creating the illustrator object in a new scene the save the it as ASCII 

then import it in to the you want.

-note: the used unit in maya affect the illustrator object.

-I think it is quite hard to figure out without the scene file, upload the scene file as maya ASCII for further help.(you can delete any private asset in the scene because it is not about any object in the scene it is the preferences. then save as [not save! 😄] then upload it)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report