Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hypershade missing node

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2236 Views, 3 Replies

Hypershade missing node

Hello. Im using Maya 2020 and I noticed that some of my nodes are missing, specially "ColorMath", which Iam going to use to follow some BOSS Ocean tutorial. How can I found missing nodes? Is there any way to obtain default Maya library aside from reinstallation?

I already searched and did some instructions but nothing happened. I also found "ColorComposite" node from google images, they are similar in. But when I searched it on my Hypershade, "colorcomposite", the thing appeared is "aiComposite" node, are these similar? 

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Those shaders are from the lookdevKit plugin. Check the Plug-in Manager: is that plugin loaded?

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

It's "Color Math" and "Color Composite", don't forget the space.

I recommend to search only for "Color" and then pick the one you need.

You can also create the nodes with "colorMath" or "colorComposite" in the Node Editor.

If this does not help I recommend a reset of your Maya Preferences in your user documents folder.
a) Rename the folder prefs in folder 2020 to something like prefs_backup, or the folder 2020 to 2020_backup
(Don't copy preferences from previous Maya versions.)
b) For a complete reset of ALL Preferences, rename the maya folder to maya_backup.
Maya creates new folders when started. Detailed at:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Reset-May...

Message 4 of 4
Hawk148
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

that helped out a lot. I couldn't figure out where the Color Math until I saw this comment and your reply...thanks...Hen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report