Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rescue my model?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
277 Views, 6 Replies

How to rescue my model?

Hello,

I have following Problem:

Yesterday, I worked on a 3D model saved it and overwrote the old one. Today I opened it again but some how I can only open the old Version.

Is there any way to open the data I worked on yesterday? I mean, has Maya something like a quick save in case it crashes so you can open former versions of your data?

I would really apprecheate quick help in this.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

There is an AutoSave in Preferences, but it needs to be enabled.

Usually Maya saves a temp file when it crashes, but sometimes this does not work.

(You should have gotten a message about this before closing and after opening Maya the first time after the crash)

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

the Problem is, it didnt happen in a crash. I meant just "like" when it crashes. I reworked my model clicked on "save model" and closed the Programm. Today I opened it and It was some how resetted.

Ok. I found the .temp file. But Windows wont accept Maya as a Programm to open that Kind of file. How can I tell Windows to do that?

Message 4 of 7
mspeer

Hi!

It's not a .temp file.

Please upload your Maya scene-file that does not open.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

It does open. But in a former Version, in which I havent added, what I added yesterday.

I attached 2 screenshots. I made the one with the grenade launcher under the Barrel yesterday and the other one today.

Message 6 of 7
damaggio

This does not help anything, please upload scene file as requested.

Message 7 of 7
mspeer

Hi!

"I can only open the old Version"

- So there is a new version which you can't open !?

If there is none then there is nothing saved and you have to choose the old Version

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report