Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I export 3D models to the web?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1333 Views, 4 Replies

How do I export 3D models to the web?

Hi everyone.

I've been a part of CGtalk for years and am looking for more forums to ask questions about Maya. This is my first here with many more to follow I'm sure.

I've been looking for a way to export a simple 3D polygon model to my website. I want people to be able to see it in 3D.

I've been researching this online and it's not looking too good. I looks like the export to shockwave isn't being supported by Maya anymore? At least that's what I've been finding but most of the articles are from 2008.

I have maya 2010 running on my Mac. Is there or what is the best way to get my 3D model out into my website? Is it even possible?

Thanks in Advance-

Drew
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yeah you can use Acrobat Pro Extended, which comes with a small 3D application, for loading up Collada files, so you need to get a Maya Collada Exporter plugin as well. Once you load Collada files into this application you can export an interactive PDF, which can be embedded (using an HTML tag) directly on to a page. The resulting PDF is quite nice, because you have full camera control, and can even interactively slice the model, to see the inside. You can also setup camera bookmarks before making PDF, so user can see predefined views. Sorry I haven't done this process in a long time, and I forget any more specifics of doing it.

Note: All geometry must be polygon, and only a low polygon count is recommended. Multiple materials can be created in Adobe's 3D Viewing application, but rendering quality is very low.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks!

This helps a lot.

-Drew
Message 4 of 5
alex

Hi, you need to use some WebGL framework for that, Verge3D for example.

Message 5 of 5
Christoph_Schaedl

BabylonJS does have a Maya plugin. That way you could export glTF files.

https://doc.babylonjs.com/features/featuresDeepDive/Exporters/Maya

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report