Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP with UV mapping! Only checker map showing on model instead of UV snapshot

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
789 Views, 2 Replies

HELP with UV mapping! Only checker map showing on model instead of UV snapshot

I exported the UV snapshot as PNG and I've painted some stuff over etc. I saved this file as PNG again but when I look in the viewport at the model it's just displaying the checker map... If I go into the UV editor and go into Image submenu, the only option there is "Display     6" with no box beside it to edit settings, nothing. This is so confusing and I spent a lot of time on this and got frustrated trying to find out why it's not showing. I also restarted Maya but still shows up the same. The UV map seems fine and I've done this before and it's never happened. I'm very new to Maya so I'm probably omitting something... Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
daunish
in reply to: Anonymous

It's hard to say what step you are missing here. But I'm going to make a guess. 

When you save your png from photoshop, how are you bringing it into Maya?

In your hypershader are you using a file node and plugging it into your shaders diffuse slot?

Check my attached image:

A - Do you have this box marked, this forces a checker pattern as an override on your uv grid

B - Do you have this box unmarked. This wont display the image in your uv grid

Is this problem only in your uv editor view or can you also not see the texture in the viewport? Let me know

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: daunish

Hello, and yes this is exactly what I needed, thanks for pointing this out because I was really lost. 

Last time I 3d modelled something the material with the textures just sort of was there on the model. I didn't know it wasn't assigned automatically. I assigned a lambert to the model then made the lambert material have the texture and it worked!

Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report