Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having trouble installing 2024 (windows)

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
nick.holliday
5568 Views, 7 Replies

having trouble installing 2024 (windows)

Hi

Im having trouble installing maya 2024, after installation (which all seems to run as expected) I launch the app, and nothing happens! The splash screen appears - then disappears, and no app launches 😞 .   Ive tried uninstalling it and trying to install it again - but it just does the same thing.

Has anybody experienced the same issue - or maybe has suggestions on what the issue may be?

many thanks

Nick

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

go to temp folder in "C:\Users\usernem\AppData\Local\Temp"

then delete all files

Message 3 of 8

hi - this doesnt seem to have helped unfortunately 😞 

Message 4 of 8

It seems that i have a corrupt shelf. So ive tried installing using the default prefs (and deleting all the 2024 prefs folder).   This allows me to launch 2024, however - when it comes to creating the shelf again (which i do via a mel script created by an old technical artist of ours - we've used it for years)  Maya throws an error saying that the shelf already exists (even though it doesnt).  and then creates an empty shelf!

Is there anything else i can try?

Message 5 of 8
dorri.taha
in reply to: nick.holliday

icant install maya 2024 in windows 11 . click in install but nothing just in possesses auto desk installer

Message 6 of 8

UPDATE: Solved my issue. Disregard my lengthy message. The Repair tool was the solution for me. It kicked back the Maya2024 folder into Program Files (not sure why the installer would claim it is already installed but oh well). However, for some reason it had put the *bin* folder outside the Maya2024 folder for some reason, in which the maya.exe resided. So I had to manually move the exe into the bin folder under Maya2024 and delete the residual bin folder and then I was good to go.

IN NEED OF URGENT ADVICE

Can't install Maya! It says it's installed but the program is nowhere to be found ...

I decided to uninstall all Maya installations (2024 + 2023) because I wanted to get rid of residual 2023 stuff (among other reasons, one was that I had to run Maya two, three times before it actually launched, which I thought might be related to having multiple versions installed).

I completely removed anything named "Autodesk" including the AdskIdentityManager and other files which I assumed were related to Autodesk. Even the Flexlm files but think I failed removing those.

Then I reinstalled Maya 2024 via "Maya_2024_ML_setup_webinstall.exe". Installation finished successfully. After clicking "Launch" nothing happens ... When I check "C:\Program Files\Autodesk/" there is no Maya2024 folder in that location, or anywhere on my system!

I'm on the Education license and now I can't run Maya at all, which means I can't finish a few lingering assignments I needed to finish before going on vacation. Any way to fix this. Hopefully I don't need to format my computer?

20230706015612.png

Things I've tried:

- Deleted temp files in D:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp

- Checked disk space (not an issue since I just had Maya2023 and Maya2024 installed)

- Creating a Custom install from the product page

- Running "Repair" via C:\Autodesk\Access\{42762096-E3FE-3521-9687-693E0B913A4F}\x64\Maya\Maya.msi

My system:

- Windows 11 22H2 (OS Build 22621.1848)

Message 7 of 8

thanks for the replys - in the end rather than creating the shelf i think i simply copied across all the old folder shelves. 

Message 8 of 8

Still I can't fix that issue my maya setup is running background but not showing in desktop I don't know what's happening 😕please help me to fix that 😢

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report