Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Textures onto Models

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
321 Views, 1 Reply

Get Textures onto Models

Hey there, Maya-Noob here,

i recently purchased a few Models/Assets online. I want to use these Models in Unity3D.

All the models i've got are saved as Maya ASCII Files (.ma) and sometimes there are also some textures as .psd files.

When i open up a model in Maya, the Textures doesn't seem to appear and it looks really really weird. When i put this Models into Unity they look about the same. What do i need to make it look like it should?

Like i said, i'm a complete Noob in Maya and i don't know whether or not I should learn to use this tool. Since i am a programmer i assume i just need to work with these Models and don't create them. 

Picture of how it looks like:

Tree.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey

Could be a few things. First thing to try would be to open up your Hypershade. Chances are the shaders are there they are just disconnected. Once the hyper shade is open if you see shaders for this model such as "leaves" or "bark" hover over one of them right click and select "select geometry with shader" if the corresponding geometry is selected it means that the shaders are hooked up correctly but the link to the texture is broken. To fix this just select the shader and in you attribute editor relink the texture file through the colour channel. If no geometry is selected when you choose "select geometry with shader" it means the shaders are no longer connected to the geometry and you will have to select the geometry and assign the shaders included in the file manually. Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report