Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting FBX Thumbnail missing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
seanbyrneW73YP
2840 Views, 4 Replies

Exporting FBX Thumbnail missing

With Maya 2022.2 I've lost the option to export a selected object with a thumbnail when making your own little asset library. What's happened? The was usually an option for FBX Export that is now just Fbx.

seanbyrneW73YP_0-1632492511238.png

seanbyrneW73YP_1-1632492532752.png

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I notice that in the File type menu you have selected "Fbx", however when the fbxmaya plug-in is loaded correctly the value in the option menu should be "FBX export".

Using Windows > Settings/Preferences > Plug-in Manager try unloading the fbxmaya plug-in and then reloading it. Perhaps even restarting Maya between the unload and reload.

Brian Kramer
Software Developer
Message 3 of 5

This is a known issue.

The current workaround is to open Windows > Settings/Preferences > Preferences. Choose Files/Projects from the list and then under File Dialog set the Dialog style: to Maya default.

Open the Plug-in Manager and unload then reload the fbxmaya plug-in.

The Export Selection option box should now display in the File type menu menu a value of "FBX export" instead of "Fbx" and the Thumbnail/Playblast options will be displayed.

Brian Kramer
Software Developer
Message 4 of 5

Wow this was so annoying and yet such a simple fix, thanks!

Message 5 of 5

Ironically the fix for me was the opposite, changing the setting back from Maya to OS Native. Thank you for showing me these settings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums