Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Educational Licensing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
max_schoenherr
502 Views, 5 Replies

Educational Licensing

hi, is there a person i can contact about my educational licensing? problem is that i have no association with a university or school but a large community on youtube. thanks,

----maximilian

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mspeer
in reply to: max_schoenherr

Hi!

Youtube = commercial usage and requires a commercial license.

Message 3 of 6
max_schoenherr
in reply to: mspeer

well, i've been on an educational license since i started my channel on youtube. the channel is not commercial, but educational. the adsense income is marginal.

Message 4 of 6
mspeer

Hi!

This doesn't matter.

YouTube is a commercial driven platform and requires a commercial license.

I recommend to check if you are eligible to subscribe to Maya for indie users.

Message 5 of 6
max_schoenherr
in reply to: mspeer

the loss of the educational license would be a drawback for the community of subscribers, not for me. i don‘t do any commercial work in 3D anymore. in the recent past it was possible to get the student license without the email address of a school or university. my current educational license runs out next spring.

in any case, it would be nice to talk to someone who actually deals with such issues.

Message 6 of 6
mspeer

Hi!

It's not only about how much money you earn, even if you would not earn anything and even if YouTube would not earn anything you still will get into competition with other paying users that want to offer something similar as you do, but as paid service. So providing you a license for free is a drawback for everyone else who has to pay for it's license and has to earn money to be able to pay the subscription.

Maya Indie is very affordable and even private users that use Maya only as hobby have to get a commercial license, so if you are not eligible for an education license Maya Indie is the best option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report