Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error opening my Maya Files

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
389 Views, 0 Replies

Error opening my Maya Files

HI, 

I recently have been having an issue with my AutoDesk Student Maya version on my home computer; I uploaded to Windows 10, and in my recovery setting I still had Windows 8 installed on my computer. However, I recently was prompted by my computer in order to free up disk space I would have to delete previous version of Windows. Which I did. Every other software, except for Maya, is working fine with Windows 10. 

I had help with another issue I had with installation for Maya 2015 and 2016. They would not install into my computer, after I had deleted Windows 8 from the computer. I got this issue sorted and Maya 2015 installed properly, but 2016 installed on the computer, and does not show up on my control panel's, programs and features. I tried to reinstall the program, but the installation thinks the software is installed in my computer. I have noticed it on my Windows menu tab. When I click to open it, I recieve a message saying Windows can not browse for maya.exe. 

I tried to work with 2015, and my animation files would not open properly; I recieve a message saying there was an error trying to read this scene, and may cause file/data loss. I am working with a rig, and when it opens into 2015, the rig is broken. All the joints adn arms are a mess. Does this mean my files will not work properly now, and are useless?

I have a university where I can go and use their maya version, the files I have are saved on my external hard drive; if I was to open them into another version of maya which is not my computer version will the files open properly? Is there still a chance my files are safe?

Do you think if I was to get back Windows 8 on my computer, Maya would work properly again? 

I have attached image shots of the issues below to show what is happening with the files.

Thank you for you help,

Tyrone. 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report