Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: invalid use of Maya object when selecting render layers?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ctbram
1333 Views, 2 Replies

Error: invalid use of Maya object when selecting render layers?

This is an incredibly annoying problem!

Whenever I switch renders layers I get the following error

// Error: ...cameraMaskChange(unifiedRenderGlobalsWindow|rgMainForm|tabForm|mentalRayTabLayout|mentalRayCommonTab|scrollLayout|commonTabColum //
// Error: Invalid use of Maya object "unifiedRenderGlobalsWindow|rgMainForm|tabForm|mentalRayTabLayout|mentalRayCommonTab|scrollLayout|commonTabColumn|rgRenderableCamerasFrame|renderableCamerasSW|mayaSoftwareCameraLayout|columnLayout27|columnLayout28|columnLayout29|checkBoxGrp71". //
// Error: ...cameraMaskChange(unifiedRenderGlobalsWindow|rgMainForm|tabForm|mentalRayTabLayout|mentalRayCommonTab|scrollLayout|commonTabColum //
// Error: Invalid use of Maya object "persp". //
// Error: Invalid use of Maya object "unifiedRenderGlobalsWindow|rgMainForm|tabForm|mentalRayTabLayout|mentalRayCommonTab|scrollLayout|commonTabColumn|rgRenderableCamerasFrame|renderableCamerasSW|mayaSoftwareCameraLayout|columnLayout27|columnLayout28|columnLayout29|checkBoxGrp70". //
// Error: Invalid use of Maya object "persp". //

It will happen for every camera in the scene until I close and re-open the scene! I do not know what causes it but it seems like whenever I delete a render layer it starts happening and it is driving me positively bonkers!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ctbram

It Happen when you close the Render Globals Window.

Its a bug in the Maya Mel Files.

To fix it just change those lines in this file:

/scripts/others/createMayaSoftwareCommonGlobalsTab.mel

string $maskCommand = "cameraMaskChange(\""+$chkbox+"\", \""+$camera+"\", \"mask\")";

string $depthCommand = "cameraMaskChange(\""+$chkbox+"\", \""+$camera+"\", \"depth\")";
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ctbram

Yes it works ! Thanks
Why even now we don't have Hotfix 5 for Autodesk Maya 2012 for this bug ?
Instead we have useless damn Hotfix 3 all about Chinesse and Japanesse support 😞
It's disturb 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report