Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Layers Bug?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Glaums
1151 Views, 5 Replies

Display Layers Bug?

Hey,

I have some issues with the display layers, that occured over different versions. I use Maya 2023 at this moment. What happens is, that, if I assign an object to a new layer, the object changes its color to the new layer-color, but it isn't shown there. When I turn off the visibility of the old layer it disappears. I tried to also remove it from the olf layer, although I thought it is not meant to be, that an object can be within several layers. But still it won't be visible in the new display layer I had it assigned to. Is this a bug or what did I get wrong?

Scoon

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
loncy888
in reply to: Glaums

Hi,

Select the object and look at the input in the channel box, which will indicate which layer it is on.

loncy
Message 3 of 6
Glaums
in reply to: loncy888

Hi loncy, my problem isn't that I dont know, to which displaylayer an object belongs, though that it disappears when I turn off the visibility of the display layer it was in, before I put it in another one.

Message 4 of 6
loncy888

This is because his parent object is in the old layer, I think.

loncy
Message 5 of 6
Glaums

That's it. Thank you very much! 😃

Message 6 of 6
barryman1

And it could, as well, be that you only added the Transform but the Shape is still assigned to the old layer. Happened to me as well. Just activate Shapes in the Outliner and remove/add from/to the Layer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report