Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom name-based selection masks? (Marquee select only specific names etc)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
asdfgasd
226 Views, 0 Replies

Custom name-based selection masks? (Marquee select only specific names etc)

Yo,

is it possible to create custom name-based selection masks in maya? For example if i then drag a marquee over several objects it would only select objects based on my custom name mask for example *_ctrl*  would only select objects that have _ctrl  in their name.  iam currently achieving that by having a scriptjob on selectionchange which deselects anything that doesnt satisfy my name mask after i make a selection but thats obviously quite clunky and interferes with some other things. i tried looking for maya's mel file that maybe deals with the selectType command that i could edit to achieve this or investigate the "user defined selection masks" that are mentioned in the mel reference about selectType command but no success. maybe iam just missing something very simple here.

(note that doing a manually typed "select by name" for whole scene isnt an option obviously, this needs to be very local cursor selection based and instant, no typing in stuffs, just scripts and hotkeys)

any ideas are greatly appreciated!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report