Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curve Warp Issues

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4983 Views, 5 Replies

Curve Warp Issues

Hello. For a lot of work I have ahead of me I want to make use of the Curve warp function, however I am finding it inconsistent and problematic. I'm not sure if it is a bug (using Maya 2019), but on some meshes it creates strange results, the commonality being that the mesh is not on the curve but offset from it by some seemingly arbitrary amount. I've tried all sorts of combinations - raw objects with no transforms and their pivots in different places, objects in a group/not in a group, different object rotations, etc. I've rebuilt curves in case something was strange... and consistently get this offset behavior which is making it unusable for me more than half the time. It has great promise for what I need it for, I'd love to get it working/resolve a bug if there is one/figure out what I might be doing incorrectly? I've read the documentation, looked around on google, watched videos - but have found no solution. Help is much appreciated, thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

For anyone else having the same issue, the answer is that the mesh most likely has pivot transformations (caused by freezing transformations. Use Modify> Bake pivot to fix this and the objects should then work as intended, so far it is for me. 

Thanks to Marko S for the answer.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

You absolute legend @Anonymous   Thankyou! 

Message 4 of 6

YOU MY FRIEND ARE AN ABSOLUTE LEGEND FOR THIS. been stuck on the same thing ,which should be a 5 second job, for the last 3 hours. bless you xxx

Message 5 of 6
sjn0803

i love it my time savior thank you 10000

Message 6 of 6
karanaghera84

Thank you so much !!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report