Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel box fields are red - what does this mean?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
21245 Views, 5 Replies

Channel box fields are red - what does this mean?

I'm in the process of setting up a character rig and one of my control objects channel box fields are highlighted in red. This does not seem to be causing any problems so far but I am getting a little concerned that I could run into trouble further down the line. I've checked the user manual and it lists all sorts of colours that the channel box fields can have and their various meanings, but no mention of red! Any ideas??? What is it supposed to be communicating to me?

Thanks

Num_T
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

what about keyframe? Select all channels and try to break connections.
Message 3 of 6
uinsuton

Whatever channel is highlighted like the image I attached has that attribute keyed for animation. If you want to delete it or see other options just right click the highlighted channel for additional options. If you were not aware the "s" key is the hotkey for "setkey" which automatically keys all channels in the channel box, which you may have pressed accidentally.

Hope I was of some help

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Many thanks! That was indeed the problem, must have pressed 'S' at some point - shame it wasn't mentioned along with all the other colours in the documentation...
Message 5 of 6
satvamoliya
in reply to: uinsuton

Thank You Buddy.
Message 6 of 6
brentmc

Hi,

I checked and the red color is mentioned in the Channel Box documentation.
https://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-4C954FB2-8B6A-4BBD-9695-DF432616D0D2

screenshot_000274.png

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report