Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't load Substance plugin after update to 2022.3

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
ytsai3LVEGW
11483 Views, 12 Replies

Can't load Substance plugin after update to 2022.3

Hi,

I just upgraded my Maya to 2022.3 version but found that the Substance plugin is not working and grey out in the plugin manager. When click "loaded", I got this message :

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2022/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Adobe Substance 3D for Maya/2022/plug-ins/substancemaya.mll
The specified procedure could not be found.
//
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2022/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: The specified procedure could not be found.
(substancemaya) //

Before posting this, I've already tried 

1. Reset setting and preference

2. Reinstall both Maya and substance plugins.

I'm not a coding guy and being stuck in this issue for a long time.

Really need someone to help with the problem.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ganen63463
in reply to: ytsai3LVEGW

Exactly the same:
Here there are people with the same problem https://community.adobe.com/t5/substance-3d-plugins-discussions/no-substance-plug-in-in-maya-2022-1-...

I have Maya 2022.3, substance painter 7.4.1, Substance 3D for Maya plugin 2.2.1, houdini 19 and renderman 24.3.

Tried to reinstall maya, setting env and modifying substance2.mod ...nothing works 😞

Message 3 of 13
ganen63463

I've formatted Windows, reinstalled maya and substance... and Houdini. The problem is just Houdini.

The solution is to copy substance_linker.dll from substance\lib folder and paste(overwrite) it in the houdini\bin folder.
Then everything works.

I found that here https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php?topic=35175.0
...two years old problem and still not fixed!

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 13
samuel.marquis
in reply to: ganen63463

It works thanks !

Message 5 of 13
itaibachar2012

Thank you sir!!

Godsend... 🙂

Message 6 of 13
ZachGray

The issue is that the `substance_linker.dll` gets inserted into to path from the Houdini install before the one compiled against Maya.

You can confirm this and see that Houdini is listed first, so it attempts to load that .dll:

import os
print(os.getenv('PATH'))

The module files for Houdini Engine and Substance add to the system path with `PATH+`:

+ PLATFORM:win64 substance2 2.2.3 C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Adobe Substance 3D for Maya\2023
PATH+:=lib

+ houdiniEngine 1.0 C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/Houdini Engine/Maya/19.5.303/maya2023
PATH += C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/Houdini 19.5.303/bin

Unfortunately, you can't force the load order for modules, so I reorder the windows path in `userSetup.py`:

print('reorder substance path')
import os
path = os.getenv('PATH')
path_items = path.split(';')
houdini_path = ''
substance_path = ''
for p in path_items:
    if 'Substance' in p:
        substance_path = p
        continue
    if 'Houdini' in p:
        houdini_path = p
        continue

if substance_path:
    path_items.remove(substance_path)
if houdini_path:
    path_items.remove(houdini_path)

path_items.append(substance_path)
path_items.append(houdini_path)    

path_reorder = ';'.join(path_items)
os.environ["PATH"] = path_reorder

Message 7 of 13
zhcngximeng

You know what?

Could not load C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Adobe Substance 3D for Maya/2023/plug-ins/substancemaya.mll as a plug-in

Anyone have fixed it?

🤣

Message 8 of 13
SmokeyBear

I am experiencing this same problem. Earlier, I had the Houdini problem. For my new machine, I have not yet installed Houdini, and I am still getting this exact same problem.  Anyone else experiencing this situation without Houdini being installed?  I AM using Maverick Render, a standalone rendering engine that natively supports Substance. Is there any chance Maverick is causing this problem?  How would I be able to figure this out?

Message 9 of 13
SmokeyBear
in reply to: ZachGray

How could I check the "path" to determine if Maverick Render is also causing this problem?

Message 10 of 13
SmokeyBear

Marco S. (via Autodesk) resolved this problem for me by advising me to copy the file "substance_linker.dll" from

C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Adobe Substance 3D for Maya\2023\lib\

to Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2023\bin.

After doing so, you will need to execute Maya, access the Plugin Manager and "load" the four substance files ( actually, you should "auto load" those). You'll receive a warning message, but not an error message. After exiting Maya, you should find that Maya now correctly loads in the Substance Designer plugin from now on, and you can properly create the Substance Nodes in Hypershade.

In my case, it probably helped to make sure that I had the most current Substance For Maya Plugin loaded. You can always get that here.  https://substance3d.adobe.com/plugins/substance-in-maya/   

Message 11 of 13
serdar.quob
in reply to: SmokeyBear

Thanks! This solved my problem 🙂 

Message 12 of 13
hhsu16

Thank you, this work!

Message 13 of 13
moootixox

This worked for me. Thanks, dude.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report