Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I import a 3D Mannequin from Unreal Engine 4 in to Maya?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
george.stroud1999
10782 Views, 12 Replies

Can I import a 3D Mannequin from Unreal Engine 4 in to Maya?

Hey guys,

I'm new to this community so I don't know whether this question is valid but if it is, please answer! I haven't had much luck locating a website that'll actually help me out with Maya, I've created shin pads and a helmet and a breastplate around a MANNEQUIN I MADE IN MAYA but I want to import the Mannequin from Unreal Engine so that it is scaled correctly to the Mannequin they give you in UNREAL so it will save so much time for me!

Thanks

Robot tongue

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

What format is it?

Message 3 of 13

Autodest Maya 2015 - Unreal Engine 4.9
Message 4 of 13

You will need to have the model of the person or at least know what units or scale it was modeled in.

Message 5 of 13

**Cough** What do you mean format? Honestly, I'm a noob but I need advise and this is the place where I was told I would get it...

Message 6 of 13

Why?
Message 7 of 13

Why would I need to know the model of the person and how would I find out what scale it was modeled in? It's just the default mannequin.
Message 8 of 13

Where is the default mannequin at? in unreal?  And you are modeling the stuff in maya with out the mannequin to use as a template for size and scale?  That's why.

You can't just model all willy nilly in maya with no clue what you are doing then expect it to just work by importing it into unreal.

You need to know what scale or units it is in to be able to model it without a template...that's common sense.

Message 9 of 13

Start with step 1 not step 150,000,000,000.

Message 10 of 13

Thanks for everything, you've helped a lot but you do sound like a nob-gobbler.

Message 11 of 13

Google it
Message 12 of 13

Opening a 3rd Person template in Unreal, locate the static mesh of the default Unreal Mannequin. Right click on that -- Asset Actions - Export. That will let you export the asset in FBX. You can then go in Maya and Import the said mesh.

It is of great use for scale when you are making something for Unreal. Also the way you describe of using it sounds good too.

J450NP13 has been of absolute amazing help, I can see. Sorry for bumping an old thread. Maybe if people actually gave an answer straight away instead of making 5 useless replies with the last one ending with "Google it", then we wound't be in this boat, but oh well.

Message 13 of 13
frostyraver
in reply to: J450NP13

Google leads you here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report