Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera hotkeys not working Maya 2020

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
maja.divjakW2VMQ
526 Views, 1 Reply

Camera hotkeys not working Maya 2020

Hello,

I've installed Maya 2020.4 onto a virtual desk top (a different one than in my previous post about the hotbox) and I'm finding the camera hotkeys for tumble, track and dolly ie Alt + LMB, Alt + MMB and Alt + RMB, respectively are not working. What happens is, for example, if I Alt + LMB in an empty space on the work area, I get a selection square and nothing moves, but if I do the same thing and select over my model, the selection square appears and the model kind of centres on the area selected, it doesn't actually tumble. The effect is similar with the other commands ie sort of moves around on the model without actually tracking or dollying. The 'f' key still centres on any selection. If I use the hotbox commands ie view > camera tools > tumble/track/dolly, then the camera moves as expected and remains stuck on whatever you've last selected. I've tried resetting preferences and resetting the camera tools to no avail. I'm not sure whether this has something to do with the virtual set up. Again, if someone could please advise, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks so much and best wishes,

Maja

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

So, no one has any clue why this is happening or how to fix it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report