Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank windows when opening Maya and ShotGrid

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
l.walicki
383 Views, 2 Replies

Blank windows when opening Maya and ShotGrid

Hey,

I'm moving to linux and I have some issues with Autodesk software. 

As you can see - when I open Maya the window is blank. But if I do ctrl+S then I can save this empty scene, with ctrl+O open it and Maya works fine then. I thought I could live with this workaroud untill I installed ShotGrid today and I am unable to loging using Web Login, the window is blank. What is causing this behaviour?

I am running Fedora 35. Terminal output when running maya:

Warning: Setting a new default format with a different version or profile after the global shared context is created may cause issues with context sharing.
VP2 Warning : Graphics hardware has been detected to have insufficient memory (0 MB).
Please check your video card and driver to ensure that a minimum amount of memory exists (512 MB).
The environment variable MAYA_OGS_GPU_MEMORY_LIMIT can be used to explicitly set the GPU memory limit.
Initialized VP2.0 renderer {
  Version : 2016.11.62.12. Feature Level 5.
  Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090/PCIe/SSE2
  Vendor ID: 4318. Device ID : 
  Driver : 4.6.0 NVIDIA 470.82.00.
  API : OpenGL V.4.6.
  Max texture size : 16384 * 16384.
  Max texture coords : 32
  Shader versions supported (Vertex: 5, Geometry: 5, Pixel 5).
  Shader compiler profile : (Best card profile)
  Active stereo support available : 0
  Forced GPU Memory Limit : 2047 MB.
  CPU Memory Limit : 122230 MB.
  MultiDraw consolidation : enabled
}
OpenCL evaluator is attempting to initialize OpenCL.
Detected 1 OpenCL Platforms: 
 0: NVIDIA Corporation. NVIDIA CUDA. OpenCL 3.0 CUDA 11.4.153.
 Supported extensions: cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_fp64 cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_icd cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_nv_compiler_options cl_nv_device_attribute_query cl_nv_pragma_unroll cl_nv_copy_opts cl_nv_create_buffer cl_khr_int64_base_atomics cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics cl_khr_device_uuid cl_khr_pci_bus_info 
 Selected matching OpenCL Platform: NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA CUDA OpenCL 3.0 CUDA 11.4.153.
OpenCL evaluator choosing OpenCL platform NVIDIA Corporation.
Choosing OpenCL Device NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090.  Device Type: GPU  Device is available.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
satmis99.99
in reply to: l.walicki

I am having the same problem with maya have you got any solution

Message 3 of 3

I've found the same issue with Maya 2022.5 on Fedora 40. It looks as though it's an issue with Maya's 'Home Screen'. My solution was to type [ALT] + [HOME KEY]  when the blank Maya window comes up, which switches to the normal Maya UI. Click [Windows] > [Settings/Preferences] > [Preferences]. Click 'Interface' in the tree to the left, at the very top uncheck 'Show Home Screen on startup' and 'Show Home icon in menu bar'.

Of course it's not really a solution if you want the Home Screen - but I confess I've found it little more than an annoyance so happy to be rid of it - and it doesn't answer the Shot Grid problem I'm afraid. As a stab in the dark I'm wondering if this is a QT bug.

|S

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report