Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch rendering in maya 2016

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
399 Views, 4 Replies

Batch rendering in maya 2016

Hi, I am using maya 2016 for a college project. And I was wondering with the following specs how long will it take to batch render an animated scene?

intel core i7 8750H CPU @2.2 GH

16 GB RAM

Nividia GForce GTX 1050 Ti with MAX-Q Design (4GB)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

No one can answer this.

Let me show the problem with my own question:

There is a car that can drive max. 100 mph.

How long will it take to drive a route?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

That's so true. But I just wanted to know the expected time since it is a college project and I have heard a lot about slow batch rendering in Maya 2016 and even on this forum there are a lot of complains regarding this matter and I was just getting panicked.
But at the end of the day, as you said no one can actually tell you how long it is going to take.

Thank you so much for answering.

Message 4 of 5
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

You can get an estimation on your own by rendering one frame with an average dense scene of your project and then extrapolate the time needed to render all frames.

Render time (except for hardware) is in general dependent on scene content, image resolution and used render quality + features.

(The render time per frame can vary between a few seconds and multiple hours, dependent on your project.)

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Yeah I already tried it. Thank you so muchSmiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report