Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold download

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
4083 Views, 1 Reply

Arnold download

Hello.

I downloaded the student version of Maya 2017. During installation it said it was also going to download "Arnold." Since I had no experience with maya anywhere past Maya 2008, I had no idea Arnold was the rendering engine. In fact, I had no idea what arnold was at all, so I just didn't download it.

Is there anywhere to just get arnold? How do i make sure maya recognizes it properly? Do i actually even need arnold, or is there a different rendering engine I could use?

Maya keeps complaining that I don't have Arnold installed and mostly, I would like it to stop

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Community. 

Arnold is usually installed by default when you install Maya 2017, it usually just gets disabled if you choose to do so during the installation process. Could you check if you are able to load it manually via the Plug-in Manager (Windows > Settings/Preferences > Plug-in Manager) by enabling mtoa.mll as described here

Alternatively, you can also check out this link to information about installing Arnold for Maya on Windows and see if that will allow you to add Arnold to your Maya installation. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report