Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XGen Hair not showing on a Rigged model - Please help!

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
janusscientes
390 Views, 0 Replies

XGen Hair not showing on a Rigged model - Please help!

I'll get straight to the problem because I'm desperate and nearing a deadline. I just want to preface this by saying everything I know about Maya is self-taught, so I hope that explains any obvious mistakes.

I made this model to which I later added hair to (first screenshot). When I started on the rigging I disabled the hair preview just to keep a clean look to everything. I versioned-up a couple of times and then when I went to enable the XGen Preview again it gave me a warning that went away too quickly, but I think it said something along the lines of 'No preview to bound skin' or at least I think those are the words I saw. I immediately assumed that this is just something minute and insignificant (because why wouldn't you) and carried on with my business. Now though that I want to do some Animation tests with the new rig, I try the Arnold RenderView to see the general look and see that the hair isn't there.

I hope this isn't wordy and confusing, but in a few words, the hair isn't there, even if the XGen Editor shows me exactly what it did when I could see the hair. The Collection is there so are all the Descriptions under it.

Please help! I'm just a humble student in desperate need of help! Thank you!

Labels (7)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report