Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem creating nhair

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2287 Views, 4 Replies

problem creating nhair

I'm having an issue when even attempting to begin creating nhair in maya 2016 and even maya 2017. I have a mesh with the scalp area of my model seperate, and i select it and go to create nhair. I have the output as nurbs curves, the box to collide with mesh selected, the U and V counts at 50, and it set as dynamic. When I click the apply button this message appears:

// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016/scripts/others/displayHairCurves.mel line 192: No current position to display

After that the scene looks the same except in the outliner it does show the hair system, follicles, output curves and nucleus. When I click the hair follicles or output curves in the outliner nothing in the scene is selected as well. If anyone has any idea what I need to do to fix this issue please let me know, thanks.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi !

It because you don't have a proper UV . Create a UV or don't use "Grid" option.

Have a nice day

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Спасибо большое! помогло

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi,

I'm getting the same warning when using the makeCurvesDinamyc mel comman, The affected curves will not become dynamic.

I have a very nice UV layout with no overlapping etc, I dont thing the issue is related with UVs at all. Any other idea on why this might be happening?

Cheers!

Message 5 of 5
howald

Hi,  

Is there a solution for this.  I have a simple plain, 8 x 1, with default uv's in maya 2018 on my Macbook.  I can attach the hair system once (I'm creating a basic ribbon for rigging).  When I delete the system and do it again I get this warning: 

displayHairCurves.mel line 192: No current position to display // 

And, if I create a new scene within the same maya session and try to start over with a new plain with the same dimensions it won't work for me.....but if I create any other default object like a polyCube, polySphere, etc. it works perfectly.  But, it just won't work without giving me that error if I try placing it on a polyPlain with those dimensions.  

If I close maya, restart, create my plain and apply nHair.......it works.  

Could someone please help me out with this.  

Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report