Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nCloth delay on playback when child forces connected to Rivet

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
azakmobile
556 Views, 2 Replies

nCloth delay on playback when child forces connected to Rivet

Hello, guys.

I'm trying to make flying object with some forces connected to it, here is simple example of the problem:

I have nCloth cube, which falling, I connected Rivet to its surface which follows its location, then I parented some spline to it and everything works fine on playback, but when I'm trying to parent some force to it, everything that connected to force is starting to delay for 1 frame on playback.

The idea is to control movement of my cube with force which following it, but the problem is that because of this 1 frame delay, the force is shifting and with high speed it losing object completely. I know that I can make that force work with infinite range, but I need to make it work only with some part of object.

I need help to understand is it possible to make them move together without delay, maybe you know some workaround or solution. Thanks!

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
azakmobile
in reply to: azakmobile

Ok, small update

After I restart Maya and load scene - everything looks fine, force is following the object position, but every time I try to rebuild same rig and play it - the time shift is coming back... Do I have to report about Maya bug or I do something wrong?

Message 3 of 3
azakmobile
in reply to: azakmobile

I found problem which caused this shift: disabled Evaluation Manager.

Because I also used some older particles in my project, they switched Evaluation Manager off and then problem appeared, I found the way to get rid of old particles and now everything running smooth.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report